Monday, August 16, 2004

I Love the Rain

I really do. I know that some people get depressed or sad when it's wet and dreary outside, but I just love it when it rains. This feeling of absolute peace comes over me when it starts to fall. I love the smell in the air before it starts, and you can tell that it's coming. I love the sound of it - the way the whole world seems quieter. I love to be in the rain. To stand in it and let it fall on me. Being in a car when it rains is great. I can open the car window and watch the rain fall all over my arm and hand. Or sit in a parked car and watch the rain fall on the windshield and it feels like I'm in a cave and no one can see me.

Then there's the powerful storms. When you can see the storm brewing and the wind starts blowing and you can see the lightening coming and hear the thunder in the distance before it gets to you. The anticipation is tremendous and exciting. Even though it can get scary and you hope that your house is strong enough to make it through and you hope some old tree doesn't fall over on you it's absolutely awesome.

Whenever it rains I just want to sit and watch it. I could literally watch it all day long. The ideal day for me - the kind of day that would totally recharge me and make my stress go away and make me feel like everything was right in the world - would be a day when there was a steady heavy rain all day long. When I could sit on a porch or somewhere open but protected from the rain - able to see and hear and be close to it. When I had time to watch it fall and read a book and enjoy the quiet of it all.

1 Comments:

At August 16, 2004 at 3:53 PM, Blogger justrose said...

The only time I like rain is when I think of it the way the Irish do -- they call it a "soft day." It is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home